Sunday 24 November 2013

Game Day Wings



These are our favourite wings to serve on game day.  Tar Pit Chicken Wings is a recipe that my sister-in-law told me about from epicurious.com.  I make this recipe with honey instead of sugar, and VH soy sauce instead of the soy sauce that is not gluten-free.  These wings are tangy and somewhat healthier than many wings because they are baked and not fried.  Make sure you use a dark roasting pan when making these as the sauce gets quite dark.

I serve these wings with raw vegetables and a homemade low-fat dip.  It is easy to make a low-fat dip by substituting yogurt for some of the sour cream and mayonnaise.  I make a dairy free dip using coconut milk yogurt, gluten-free mayonnaise and Epicure seasoning.  This snack is lower in fat and calories than many traditional finger foods and it is also free of gluten and dairy for a healthier game day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment