Monday 23 September 2013

Baked Potatoes in the Slow Cooker


A friend of mine used her slow cooker to make baked potatoes for a barbecue.  I thought it was a great way to bake potatoes without heating up your kitchen and it saves room on the barbecue for steak and other vegetables.  Since then I have made baked potatoes quite a few times in the slow cooker.  My daughter is vegetarian, so she likes numerous toppings like butter, sour cream and chives, or broccoli and cheese sauce.  I like baked potatoes with leftover chili and cheese or daiya cheese for a quick weeknight meal.

Ingredients

4-6 medium-sized baking potatoes
aluminum foil

Directions

Wrap potatoes in aluminum foil and place in slow cooker.  Cover and cook on low for 8 hours until potatoes are fork tender.  When ready to serve, I let people get their own potato from the slow cooker, remove the foil and add the toppings of their choice.




No comments:

Post a Comment